Blobs for artists

On occasion, when I feel like looking at a website the entire night instead of sleeping, I head for illustrator/designer Kevin Cornell's professional web space, Bearskinrug.co.uk (I'm giving it a PG-13 rating for you Riley!). However, looking at his creations for extended periods of time causes me to curl up in the fetal position, and think of my own inadequacies as an illustrator and designer. About this time, I need my woobie.

But this week, the talented Mr. Cornell has invited all to play a drawing game that I have enjoyed playing many times in my life. And I just can't resist drawing games! The game is simple... Have someone draw some blobular shapes for you, and then you make something out of it. An animal, a person, a vehicle, an animal riding a person vehicle, whatever!

So, here for your enjoyment, are my creations...








Comments

Derrick said…
Kewl, man! What do you do when you first create a blob? Close your eyes? Then fix it up just how you imagine it?
Jeff said…
Derrick: I think the best start is to have someone else draw them. That way, you have a fresh, new blob, unencumbered by any preconceived ideas. And it's fun for the blob-creator person to see what you've created.

But, you could probably close your eyes and do it that way too. Just as long as your pen doesn't wander over the the gentleman sitting next to you. He hates blobs on his arm.