My crow wave

I have a confession to make... I'm incompetent when it comes to knowing how much time it takes to cook things in the microwave. Except if it's a marshmallow, which in that case I just punch in numbers until it explodes. But everything else is a great unreachable mystery to me. "Oh, I need to heat this bowl of (fill in the blank). I guess it should take a bout 30 seconds." And then, half an hour later and after punching in "30" about two thousand times, my bowl of (fill in the blank) is finally hot. So then next time, I figure I'm not going to let this fancy schmancy machine out-smart me, so I punch in "25 minutes", and then proceed to melt my entire house.

If anyone has mastery of this elusive knowledge, please share.

Oh, and if you are wondering what I have my microwave plug into...

Comments