Turbo Hippo's day to shine!

Remember a while ago I mentioned something about an action hero hippo? Well, look here if you forgot. For those of you who have my entire blog memorized (which I highly recommend), let us continue.

Here is one of many sketches of Mr. Turbo Hippo...
Wow. Doesn't he look ready to take on the forces of evil with his special hippo powers?

Well, one day I found some nifty sprite websites. No, not Sprite's website, but sprite websites. And I thought, "Whoa! Turbo Hippo would be an awesome video game character!" And I thought sprites and other forms of pixel art are just cool. So I decided to transfer Turbo Hippo into the pixel realm. I used the hippo character from the second post, minus the top hat and cane, for the initial form and design.
Look at that helmet, and cool suit, and rockets... Now, before you bring up the fact that I know nothing about creating a game, let alone what to do with these sprites, let me just say I was having a jolly ole time. My pixel apps of choice are (of course) Photoshop and a cool free Mac app called Pixen. I even made a little animated gif of him running!

So, when will we see Turbo Hippo fighting the forces of evil? As soon as I master that programming-code-stuff that makes video games work and move and stuff. So, maybe next week.

Comments