How low is your go?

Every once in a while, I get to do these logo, identity-thingies for people. I'm not sure what people do with them. I hear they put them on little cards and envelopes and stuff. I even heard once that someone put it on a shirt. Crazy! And get this, these logo things are supposed to give a viewer some kind of idea of what your business does! Well, here's a couple example of some I've done. Can you guess what these business sell?

If you guess books that spontaneously combust once you start reading, you're close.

At first glance, you may think this one is about a new cowboy-themed steak house that caters to albino pygmies, but take another glance and try again.

This organization hunts eagles with Wham-o! frisbees, and I really wanted to capture that adventurous and illegal event with this one. (Although I don't condone this practice, the organization said they would pay me lots of money if I did. So I thought it was okay then.)

This business is actually one guy that promises to be able to strip any house down to it's skeletal structure and then leave. I hear he's making millions now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi,
I'm designer too, and before read your lines, I saw:
4. houses for sale
(excelent balance between text and image)
3. This could be a logo for an airline
...so hunts eagles with frisbees? Oh God...!
2. Virgin Mary, Son, and hearth of love.
Beautiful.
1. What is this?!?...
a book with smoke - its weird...I can think that this book it's a great cook recipes from Mr. Java

Hey! your blog header is great, this greap is too funny, I laughed a lot
Nice day
Jeff said…
Thanks for the comment, jmanu! Great to hear from a fellow designer. And I'm glad you enjoy the blog!

For anyone keeping track, here are the real companies that use these logos...

1. Books and Java - Like a Barnes and Nobel Book store/coffee shop. (There's supposed to be a hot drink behind the book.)

2. The Baby Place - Midwifery and Birthing Center. (The miswife here feels this is a type of ministry and very special, sacred event.) Here's their website.

3. Eagle Media Professional Films - Similar to their old logo, but updated. Here's there website that I designed.

4. Willmeyer Home - New home builders business.