The mystery has been revealed!

On my bus ride to work the other day, we were passing by a large construction area with earthmovers and bulldozers. The driver asked us all, "What happens to all that dirt that they dig up?" Some one said, "They probably use it for other construction areas," or something like that. I decided to speak up and said "The dirt fairy takes it away." They all laughed and thought that was quite silly.

Now, he may not be as popular as the tooth fairy, or your fairy godmother, but he still has a sense of duty. And he does a fine job. With his magic spade-wand, he swishes that unwanted dirt away, never to be seen again. Thank you, dirt fairy. Thank you.

Comments

Dan said…
Interesting, I had the reverse dirt fairy in my neck of the lands. He dropped about 8 cubic meters of dirt onto my driveway. It took a week for my neighboor to move it to my backyard. Oh, I helpped a little, it was my backyard.
Jeff said…
Well, he's gotta put it some where, right?! Just be thankful he didn't dump it on your car. :o)
Dan said…
he did dump it on my parking spot though.