Monday Night Staff Meeting Sketch #52

In light of the Olympic games going on right now, I'd like to talk about the finer points of the lesser know sport, Bowling Ball Catching.

Bowling Ball Catching spectators are a most devoted group. They will sit motionless for weeks outside the stadium, just waiting to enter. In fact, it's been rumored that some of these fans are actually cardboard statues placed by athletes to help promote a fan base. These allegations have not been confirmed yet.

The Bowling Ball Shooters are made up of metal, wood, and used chewing gum. They have long stood as symbols of power, accuracy and fresh breath.

The wonderful athletes that participate start training at a very young age, when brain function hasn't been developed yet. And since they each only have the capacity to participate once, they usually aren't able to answer any post game questions.

Scoring in the sport of Bowling Ball Catching is quite mysterious, and no one is absolutely sure how to decipher the judges final results after each match. On rare occasions, fans are able to spot what looks like a silhouette of Elvis in these results, which calls out an automatic win for contestants that have a similar shadow puppet silhouette.

SIDE NOTE: I'm still having issues with my pens bleeding. Help. I refuse to work under these conditions.

Comments

Dan said…
Have you tried different papers yet?
Jeff said…
Hmmmm, I have not. I may try that next week. Or, I could "take notes" on my skin!