Monday Night Staff Meeting Sketch #51

Is it just me, or do most of my sketches involve a buck-tooth, goofy-looking guys? Ah well... Here's a buck-tooth, goofy-looking guy just for you!

Sketch Fact #241: Nothing hinders my sketching desire like a pen that bleeds into the paper. Blah. I've been noticing this for the past couple weeks since I purchased my new drawing utensils. Just look at this guy! He's not even supposed to be hairy. Or fuzzy. Or haizzy. Ugh. What ever shall I do? Well, I started thinking...

...I decided to do a timed experiment right at the climax of our Monday Staff Meeting. Here we have 4 different dots, all directly produced by the pen tip resting on the paper for a specific amount of time. We have 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 20 seconds, and the big dog, 30 seconds. Quite fascinating, isn't it! But wait there's more!

Here is the next page underneath the page I conducted my test on! The 30 second dot clearly has the most soakage, but it is interesting to point out that the 5 and 10 second dots look nearly identical!

Yes, I was still paying attention to the staff meeting business. I think.

Ah, ha!! Look at this discovery on the 3rd page under the original testing page. More ink dots! In fact, the 10 second has broken up into two distinct marks. And if you know anything about reading ink-dot-soakage-marks, you would be able to predict what you will be having for dinner in 40 years. Now I know.

Comments

Paula said…
I can't read ink blots...so tell me what's for dinner in 40 years so I can go shopping ahead of time.